Thank you for your interest in the University Student Judiciary (USJ)! The Office of Student Conduct (OSC) is continually seeking undergraduate and graduate students of all majors to serve as members of the University Student Judiciary. Positions are open in the Appellate Board, the Central Board, the Community Advocates, the Resident Board, and the Student Honor Council. We are looking for students of different academic pursuits, cultural backgrounds and social interests. A successful candidate is able to reason effectively, behave responsibly in confidential and serious matters, and is dedicated to promoting character, ethics, and integrity.
The USJ application is now available! CLICK HERE for the application. The deadline to apply is October 5, 2022.
The USJ written application is now available until October 5, 2022. The written application is only one part of the USJ Selection process. Click here to apply. Individual and group interviews will take place several weeks after the written application is due. Upon review of your written application, you may be invited to interview. Please be mindful of the required interview dates.
USJ members serve on one of the five branches (or boards). Boards have mandatory board meetings.The time commitment for board meetings may fluctuate depending on the branch and case load.
- must earn membership points to maintain good standing by participating in various USJ events throughout the semester, including general body meetings (GBMs), tabling, outreach events, and other activities
- are required to participate in USJ selection interviews during the fall semester and Integrity Week in the spring semester
- are required to attend a weekend training at the start of each semester
- are required to attend assigned hearings, which can vary in time
- are required to maintain a clear judicial record and be role models of USJ principles